Dating an introvert : relationship tips for singles
Psychologists conditionally divided all people into two groups: introverts and extroverts. The first is considered uncommunicative and calm, and the second group is guys who prefer quiet family evenings to noisy and big companies because they adore communication. If an introvert and an extrovert meet at the same place, it is not always easy for them to get along with each other. How can one establish relations with the introvert and not get irritated because of his habit to be silent during a serious conversation?
There are different points of view whether people become introverts or they are born being introvert already. Some experts believe that this quality is inherent in a person from the moment of birth, while others believe that external factors such as upbringing, the environment in which a child grows, his environment at a later age, can make a person laconic, pedantic, restrained, oriented to a greater extent on their inner world, rather than on what is happening around.
Relationship tips: how to figure out that you met an introvert
An introvert is a person whose vital energy is directed inward and concentrates on one’s own experiences. Most people think that introverts are always shy, have problems to contact with others and even asocial. In fact introverts receive the necessary energy only when they are alone.
If you start dating with introvert, the following relationship tips will help you better understand them and find a common language.
- Meeting such a person, you will never understand what thoughts they have in their head. They can smile kindly, but it doesn’t mean that they are happy. If you ask “Is everything ok?”, introvert will try to avoid answering your question and will never list all the troubles that have fallen on him in the last week.
- An introvert can spend at home alone not only a day or two, but a whole week, if he has an interesting book or several seasons of his favorite TV series. He would prefer a lonely home evening to a noisy meeting with friends.
- The close environment of the introvert is four or five people who know him almost from the cradle.
- Introverts are excellent listeners. They prefer to look into the interlocutor’s eyes without interrupting and catch every word they say. Introverts don’t like to tell something. Of course, they don’t keep silence forever, but they don’t think it is necessary to throw out all their thoughts on those who are around them.
- If you find an introvert’s page on the social net, you will see that they, as a rule, are not very active. Their profiles may seem boring: no photos on the beach or in a car, no stupid pictures and inappropriate reposts; they have a limited amount of friends there, and, as a rule, only those whom the introvert knows personally. Introvert will never add a bunch of strangers just to have more “friends”.
- Introverts need time to be alone as it is necessary for restoring the balance of their strengths; they need to put in order their thoughts and feelings. This can be a problem if you want to spend more time with your beloved one, and she wants to protect herself from communication. You have to know that this is a natural need of the introvert, and not an indicator of his indifference.
- Introvert is not upset if he wants to leave the event early. It means that he has reached his limit in communicating with other people.
- Introverts are not shy. Many people think that people of this type are too shy. In fact, if you are the first to start a conversation, the introvert will gladly support it. If too many people speak to him at once, he won’t be able to talk to everyone at a moment.
- If introvert doesn’t communicate with you for a while, it is quite normal. It just takes him a while to regain strength.
- People of this type rarely do spontaneous things. They usually spend their time reading books, watching movies or walking in nature. They will be happy to attend an event if it is planned in advance. If you tell about your plans at the last minute, then, most likely, you will get a refusal even if introvert had plans to do the usual things.
- Introverts can be among the crowd for only a few hours. Even if they attended the concert, they need a few hours to fill the lost energy and “recharge” their batteries.
- If introvert went somewhere with friends, then you can not worry that he will return late. Most likely, he will be home in a few hours.
- Introverts are not accustomed to express their emotions verbally. So you have to ask these people about what they feel.
How to set up relations with a single Russian woman – introvert?
If your partner, friend or colleague is a single Russian woman – introvert, then you need to remember a few simple rules that will make your communication conflict-free and warm.
First, respect her desire to stay in silence. It is really important for an introvert to come home from work and shut up an hour, hiding under the computer screen. In this case, one shouldn’t confuse her silence with arrogance – introvert just wants to take a break from the noisy office, where everyone constantly tries to get an answer to their question from her.
Second, let her be alone. It is simply vital to be alone for introvert, so that won’t be anyone even to breathe next to her. Needless to say that you don’t need to ask about her day at work and what she ate for lunch today at such moments. Introvert is sure that only being alone she is able to restore mental strength and then, as if she is updated, to get in touch with the outside world.
Third, listen carefully to what the introvert tells you since she will never tell you anything about herself without any reason, Be very attentive to what you hear: whether it’s a senseless story from childhood or a remark about her worries visiting a doctor – be grateful to such trifles, because that’s how introverts let their beloved ones into their souls.
It is not always easy to get along with someone who builds a wall between themselves and others and who keeps you in a distance. Nevertheless, introverts are around us, and there are remarkable, loyal and sensitive people among them who need to be appreciated, understood and accepted.
If you manage to “tame” the introvert, then there will be a true friend in your environment who appreciates not only his own, but your personal space too and who will be ready to listen and not able to think about betraying you or treating you dishonestly ever. A close person for an introvert is not “one of”, but the only one of a kind.